Leadership Development Online
Over the past year and a half I have worked to develop high quality online learning experiences. I am convinced that the future of training and development is a combination of online-learning, action-learning and coaching. In other words, a process of blended learning.
All of my courses are available with parallel coaching to assist in learning and performance improvement. I will be continually updating and improving these courses over the coming years and I will benefit from any feedback or suggestions you may provide.
My two core courses on Team Leadership and Agile Strategy Execution are available on Udemy. Each of these courses contain approximately 17 hours of lectures, supplemental written material, and you have lifetime access to the courses once purchased. They are both based on an “action-learning” model that creates active engagement. From these two comprehensive courses I have extracted smaller focused courses (about four hours of lecture material) that are available on Udemy.
“Thank you very much. You have certainly given me lots to think about and apply. I will tell you that as a former business trainer, I love that you really raised the bar for virtual facilitation and webinar settings. I felt your instruction held my attention very well and you kept it moving. Great follow up system too. Thanks.” Jennifer (Udemy student in Motivation course).
Comprehensive Courses on Lean Leadership
The Habits of Lean Leadership and Teamwork
The complete Team Leadership training course, 74 lectures, 15 hours of material.
Available on Udemy for $75 (50% discount)
- Develop high performing teams, team leaders, and team coaches.
- Lead teams in the continuous improvement of their process.
- Develop sustainable lean culture.
The New Manager – Managing People, Teams and Process
Most new managers have the technical skills to succeed. What they most often lack is the skill of managing, motivating and developing their employees. This course is organized around three critical blocks of skills: First, managing and motivating individuals; second, leading high performing teams; and third, engaging their people in the continuous improvement of work processes. If a new manager can master these skills their success is virtually guaranteed.
82 Lectures, eleven hours of content, plus thirteen action-learning exercises and available Green Belt Certification.
“Thank you so much for putting this together! I really enjoyed your approach using real world instances both in work and personal scenarios. I don’t know you but it is evident that your approach to team management has been influenced not only by training and consulting, but also heavily by your experiences as a parent, and I can relate very much to that. I can say this is the best course I’ve taken so far on Udemy and I look forward to taking another one in the near future.” Best regards, Delali (Udemy Student)
Coaching Leaders for Success
Most organizations are adopting lean culture and leadership. However, many are struggling to create a sustainable change in the habits of continuous improvement, teamwork and problem-solving. Training alone is insufficient. Face-to-face coaching is required. The cost of external coaching is too great and most companies do not have sufficient internal coaches. The only solution is to do what Toyota has done – develop internal coaching skills and provide that coaching to peer managers and teams. This is the Leader Coach. This online course is intended to provide the needed coaching process and skills to enable line mangers to become coaches to other managers and to their subordinates.
Lean Organization Strategy
Available on Udemy for $75 (50% discount)
- Create a process of agile action to achieve strategic business goals.
- Align the internal technical systems (work process), social systems, and economic system to achieve business strategy.Engage the maximum number of leaders and associates in the process of building the future culture and capabilities that will lead to sustainable performance.
This course defines the five forms of capital or wealth that lead to both financial success and life satisfaction. Far from the “get rich quick” message, this is the real deal.
Online Learning Short Courses
- Recognize the leadership requirements of different life cycle stages of growth and decline
- To asses your own leadership style.
- To be able to adjust your style to the needs of your organization.
“Fantastic: The quality of course design and the variety of examples were exemplary. I was so engaged and finished the course inspired to improve my own leadership based on what I learned. Thank you! ” Whitney Taylor
- To gain mastery over your own behavior and to maximize your influence over your employees and associates.
- To optimize all sources of motivation. You will learn an inclusive model that includes a) spiritual motivations, b) social motivation, and c) situational sources of motivation and methods to apply each to your own life and within your organization.
- You will learn the “Coaching Kata”, a simple and proven method of coaching others to improve specific skills and behavior.
- Develop the habits of team problem solving.
- To learn a simple and direct approach to root-cause analysis and situation analysis.
- To learn the two models of problem solving associated with Toyota Production System or “lean management.”
- Gain an understanding of the essential skills and behavior of effective team leaders.
- Practice those behaviors that lead to optimum participation and commitment to action by team members.
- Learn the critical listening skills that are essential to all personal communications and to team leadership.
- Learn how to both give and receive feedback, or “straight-talk”, in a manner that leads of learning and continuous improvement.