Leadership Development Online – All Courses Now $10
Over the past three years I have worked to develop high quality online learning experiences. I am convinced that the future of training and development is a combination of online-learning, action-learning and coaching. In other words, a process of blended learning. All of my courses are available with parallel coaching to assist in learning and performance improvement. I know have ten courses available on Udemy, all now and permanently available for $10 each. These are lifetime subscriptions. My focus is now on continuously improving each of these courses with improved video production, improved exercises, and resources. All of my courses incorporate the principles and practices of lean management but focus on the people skills side or the culture of lean.
“Thank you very much. You have certainly given me lots to think about and apply. I will tell you that as a former business trainer, I love that you really raised the bar for virtual facilitation and webinar settings. I felt your instruction held my attention very well and you kept it moving. Great follow up system too. Thanks.” Jennifer (Udemy student in Motivation course).
Comprehensive Courses on Leadership & Management
The Complete Team Leadership training course, 74 lectures, 14.5 hours of material. This is the ideal course for both team leaders and team members seeking to establish continuous improvement in the natural work team structure and within leadership teams. Note: This course now includes a complete ebook – “Team Kata – The Habits of Continuous Improvement”
What Will I Learn?
- Lead teams in continuous improvement of their processes.
- To develop high performing teams, team leaders, and team coaches.
- Motivate and manage the performance of teams and their members.
- Solve problems in a systematic, fact-based manner.
- Learn the communication and facilitation skills that are essential to leading people and teams.
Most new managers have the technical skills to succeed. What they most often lack is the skill of managing, motivating and developing their employees. This course is organized around three critical blocks of skills: First, managing and motivating individuals; second, leading high performing teams; and third, engaging their people in the continuous improvement of work processes. If a new manager can master these skills their success is virtually guaranteed. 82 Lectures, eleven hours of content, plus thirteen action-learning exercises and available Green Belt Certification.
What Will I Learn?
- Motivate your employees and create high engagement and empowerment.
- Provice specific job training for your team members and motivate your employees.
- Lead teams to become high performing teams engaged in continuous improvement.
- Understand and develop “lean management” problem-solving and process improvement.
- Resolve conflicts with others and among team members.
“Thank you so much for putting this together! I really enjoyed your approach using real world instances both in work and personal scenarios. I don’t know you but it is evident that your approach to team management has been influenced not only by training and consulting, but also heavily by your experiences as a parent, and I can relate very much to that. I can say this is the best course I’ve taken so far on Udemy and I look forward to taking another one in the near future.” Delali (Udemy Student)
This is a comprehensive, 18 hour course, that takes the student through the process of aligning the organization’s culture and capabilities to the strategic business goals of the organization.The student will learn to analyze the landscape, align the internal technical systems (work process), social systems, and economic system to achieve business strategy.This process will engage the maximum number of leaders and team members in the process of building the future culture and capabilities that will lead to sustainable performance.
What Will I Learn?
- To create a process of agile action to achieve strategic business goals.
- To align the internal technical systems (work process), social systems, and economic system to achieve business strategy.
- To achieve agile adaptation and alignment of the organizations systems, structure, skills, style and symbols.
- To engage the maximum number of leaders and associates in the process of building the future culture and capabilities that will lead to sustainable performance.
Focused Leadership Development Courses
Great leaders know their principles, their beliefs, and ethics. Now, perhaps more than ever, we need leaders who are grounded in a set of principles that makes them trustworthy and worthy of our dedication. Leaders generate dedication and loyalty based on their adherence to principles. This course is for all leaders, those aspiring to leadership, and for entrepreneurs who have the golden opportunity to create a culture that will attract the best talent and promote high performing teams.
- The student will learn why principles are at the core of effective leadership.
- The student will be offered nine principles that have proven to be central to all great leaders.
- You will be asked to examine your own principles and commit to those principles.
Most organizations are adopting lean culture and leadership. However, many are struggling to create a sustainable change in the habits of continuous improvement, teamwork and problem-solving. Training alone is insufficient. Face-to-face coaching is required. The cost of external coaching is too great and most companies do not have sufficient internal coaches. The only solution is to do what Toyota has done – develop internal coaching skills and provide that coaching to peer managers and teams. This is the Leader Coach. This online course is intended to provide the needed coaching process and skills to enable line mangers to become coaches to other managers and to their subordinates.
- To coach leaders and managers to improve key performance measures.
- To coach leaders and managers to develop the critical skills of team leadership.
- To coach leaders and managers to develop the habit patterns that lead to a high performing organization.
All living things follow a path from birth to death, from the chaos of rapid growth to the stability of maturity and then decay. The study of civilizations and corporations proves a similar life cycle of integration and then disintegration and leaders are the primary cause of both. Durig this course you will assess your own leadership style, the dominant style of your organization, and place your organization on the life cycle curve. You will understand the attributes of leaders who can renew and rescue a company from what may appear to be the inevitable decline. And, you will understand the necessary diversity of leadership styles required to maintain a company or culture in a mature state.
What Will I Learn?
- To recognize the requirements of different life cycle stages of growth and decline
- To recognize the leadership styles and behavior associated with different stages of development.
- To assess your own leadership style.
- To be able to adjust your style to the needs of your organization.
“Fantastic: The quality of course design and the variety of examples were exemplary. I was so engaged and finished the course inspired to improve my own leadership based on what I learned. Thank you! ” Whitney Taylor
Motivation: The Science of Motivating Yourself and Your Team
There are two keys to success: competence and motivation. And, most important is becoming competent at motivating yourself and others. That is the purpose of this course.
- To gain mastery over your own behavior and to maximize your influence over your employees and associates.
- To optimize all sources of motivation. You will learn an inclusive model that includes a) spiritual motivations, b) social motivation, and c) situational sources of motivation and methods to apply each to your own life and within your organization.
- You will learn the “Coaching Kata”, a simple and proven method of coaching others to improve specific skills and behavior.
- Develop the habits of team problem-solving.
- To learn a simple and direct approach to root-cause analysis and situation analysis.
- To learn the two models of problem solving associated with Toyota Production System or “lean management.”
- Gain an understanding of the essential skills and behavior of effective team leaders.
- Practice those behaviors that lead to optimum participation and commitment to action by team members.
- Learn the critical listening skills that are essential to all personal communications and to team leadership.
- Learn how to both give and receive feedback, or “straight-talk”, in a manner that leads of learning and continuous improvement.
Creating Sustainable Wealth in Your Life and Your Business Available on Udemy for only $10 This course defines the five forms of capital or wealth that lead to both financial success and life satisfaction. Far from the “get rich quick” message, this is the real deal.